Friday, January 07, 2005

new friends for a new year

Boy, still floating in memories of Mexico a week later... (sigh). I listen to Ramon Ayala and los Cadetes de Linares almost non-stop, and my brothers laugh at me saying: She listens to that music and imagines she's still in La Villa.

Because I had a bad incident with my ex-friend-boyfriend, I seem to be recalling the guys I had contact with on this trip. My dancer friend was absolutely hilarious: bailamos? He would do some fancy, crazy moves and made me laugh, excellent dancer. The guy at the bus station, seemed to be such a charming gentleman. We had a promising conversation in the works before we had to be torn away by the departure of my bus at 12.30 in the morning. I lost his phone number... Then, the other dancer at the last dance: a nice guy, decent dancer, a recent engineering graduate from UNAM. Those are rare in my town and adjacent cities. I lost him when I took to dancing with another guy.

Anyways, now I got back to Chicago and have a little more time to think I think about my fracaso with my ex and then some not-so-trivial things like that test & my new project at work. BUT, then I got this little note in my email from un cubano, friend of a friend. I never met him while I was in Cuba. Jamie had threatened to hook us up, but it never happened: we were out & about when he showed up to see us in La Habana. New friends: the iguanita living with us at my house temporarily until my brother takes him back (coyote is very curious about him); and Alex. This is just a perfect remedy for forgetting the trivial bullshit that I need to weed out of my mind.

3 Comments:

Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

i need to post about love, give my rants as well...

1:54 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

remember the poem Alebrije El Corazon? This post reminds me of the terrible beast that love is...

7:42 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey, find that number from the man at the bus station, i swear i think i saw the precise moment when cupid shot the arrow.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home