Wednesday, January 05, 2005

chicago blues

tubas told me that this weekend there were gonna be blues everywhere. any blues place in the city was going to have some type of good performance in celebration of some type of blues thing. it is imperative that we attend, at least one day, i told him. coming back from Mexico, I can't help but feel the blues of this city. I don't know how I wake up sometimes, how I have woken up for so many years in these non-human-living conditions. I don't know. Chicagoans have to commended for living in this Siberian-type tundra environment.

Anyways, the blues. I listen to blues to beat my own blues: Sunday-night blues, Monday-night blues, Back-to-school blues, back-to-Chicago blues, back-to-work blues, winter blues, love blues, hate blues, blues, delicious blues with a good drink, hopefully vodka or beer or wine. Blues to help us survive these terrible winter blues.

I made no new year resolutions this year. I don't need the new year to jab me and say: hey, do something different. live your life, stop waiting. The excuse doesn't have to be new years'. all we need is a good swift kick in the ass, or for us to realize, over a trip or a drink that this year, I refuse to let this year go by without enjoying myself. i think i've grown to detest the whole goal-setting bullshit. if we live like that, we invest less energy into living our daily lives and more into a future bait. it's hard to say: but every year that goes by I seem to have less of an idea of what I am doing... funny how things work out that way.

5 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

yes guiam, we must be truly alive this year. love the second paragraph. Reads like a poem. Azul is supposed to be a calming color, but sometimes it doesn't feel like it.

6:54 PM  
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

aye, the winter blues were getting to me too.
In medicine sometimes I feel that way too- the more I'm in it, the more stuff I realize that I dont know.

9:22 PM  
Blogger guiam said...

sorry this entry sounds so blue.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The best way to feed blues and depression, from experience, is to feed it--sad movies, angst music, the news. You eventually get so sick of it that you can't help but look for more cheerful outcomes.

11:29 AM  
Blogger guiam said...

just being here w/ coyote & la iguanita (new addition in the meantime) makes me feel happier. also, my new friend online is helping me bastante...

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home