Thursday, January 06, 2005

I have to study... but I've forgotten how!

Yes, that's the story. Big exams in March. 8 hours, they told me. What do I have to know? EVERYTHING, they told me. Just like that. You mean, review semesters' worth of work?! Who knows? I've been neglecting it more than addressing it, that sometimes happens when you feel overwhelmed, I've been told.

Wine helps. I had 3 glasses last night. Did some reading (after Rubi, of course). Slight notes. Chatted with a new friend online for a few hours. Today, more wine. I can't seem to get in the mood. "you can't wait to get into the mood, because the mood for studying may never come. you just have to do it. sit down & do it." maybe some weed will help, some suggest. Who know? A estas alturas me esta importando menos. A couple of years have gone by, and what have I done--studied. time to bring it all together, make some sense of it, write frantically about it in March, and then be prepared to do some real worthwhile work. But remember, it's more about the process. In between blues, cadetes de linares, sabina, drinks and nonsense I may be able to get by.

6 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

An eight hour test. Wow!! You should get paid $$ for working those eight hours or at least eight crates of wine to celebrate afterwards.

4:40 PM  
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

i've taken 8 hr tests before - not fun. My last medical exams were 2 DAYS of about 8 hrs each! by the way, weed will not make u study more effectively - more of the opposite effect.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can't remember where I heard it that weed makes you remember things better. Its doesn't seem logical to me. Anyway, it will make you very sleepy and unfocused, not a good idea.

11:31 AM  
Blogger guiam said...

thanks for trying to convince me otherwise about weed... i guess i'll stick to crack instead.

3:01 PM  
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

guiam behave!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

haha, that's funny.

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home