Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Me cai esta manhana

I use my dad's old man's bike to ride my ass to the park in the mornings when possible for a walk or a run. It gives me a chance to pray, to reflect, to spend some time exercising which helps my back and other health concerns.
So I got up, con mucha flojera, knowing that once I was done w/ my jog I would feel like a million dollars, and I rode to the park. It was nice and cool outside. I love riding there and seeing how the trees are changing from when I went there during the summer. And I sometimes stop by the beautiful garden at the park to relax a bit. the usual people greeted me as they walked by.

Then, I was finally done running half hour without dying and unlocked my dad's bike. It's so old, but it's realiable, and my dad and I are sure that if someone saw the bike there without chain & lock, people would still not dare steal it. It's so ugly. Pero le tenemos mucho carinho. My father uses it to go to el mandado to the local fruteria. It used to have a basket in front where he would carry groceries, but Bruno did away w/ it. He said it made my dad look mas viejillo. (not that my dad is stylin' now without the basket!). So anyways, I unlocked the bike and was riding away, when all of a sudden the seat came completely off! and i lost my balance and landed on the cement! I scraped my knee and my hand. and I was pissed off! I got home and I told my dad to deshacerse de esa chingadera. He laughed. My mom said, how dare you say that! Just get a new seat... a mi tambien me van a querer tirar porque estoy vieja? (Happy B-day, Mommy!! Today is her day!). So, I took a shower, and when I came out my dad helped me curar my cuts w/ some cream & some curitas. I wonder what will happen to the bike de la canasta now?

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sure you and the bike will reconcile. Maybe you can get a new basket with that new seat.

5:54 AM  
Blogger guiam said...

...jajaja...don't give me any ideas! I think my dad is going to keep the bike.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Hey hope you are ok and not to badly scraped. So the bike kicked you ass eh?? I could just see you know laying on the cold cement looking up at the morning sky say,"Bicicleta mendiga!!" Le "caiestes" mal. No pun intended:)

5:45 PM  
Blogger AnalisaGuzman said...

hehehehehehehhee.

6:57 PM  
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

hey, you turned black! cool!

8:33 PM  
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

what happen to the "Dumbass Rules" blog?

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home