Monday, October 04, 2004

...welcome, guiam fans!

i imagine everyone that responded is undoubtedly an ardent guiam fan and also a member of the ILOG (international likers of guiam) club. guiam was quite pleased to find such a great response to her blog. and i must add that it is quite exciting for me, too. at any rate, this blog world will help guiam post any news on the coyote hunting business and other goodies.

on another note, i didn't go to work today. for some reason, eventhough i deny that i am stressed i still feel like i'm rushing. my heart is racing right now, as i type this thing. b/c i feel like i have a ton of things to do. & you know that this was the reason i had not started a blog or read anyone else's stuff: b/c i was too overwhelmed w/ everything else. and now that some of the stuff is out of the way, like that damned graduate class i had to teach for my advisor last week, and like the meetings w/ committee members for which i got comments back for my work... i still feel like i'm drowning. i'm sure most people can relate. but i don't want to be caught up in this madness of overworking myself and doing things too fast. in one of our "profound" conversations, bone said that living fast was like eating too fast--you don't savor the food or enjoy it. i said: that's one of the most greatest things you've ever said, bone. she was happy that i agreed. i tend to quote her (or even myself), and other common figures that happen to stumble on obvious but great analogies. so, if you find yourself rushing, like i often do: i stop and think, if i crash right now, i don't want the last thing i ever felt to be a sense of hurry to do some trivial thing.

6 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

Chencharoo, ya ni la friegas. Did you write this entry in a nano-second. Your hilarious. I'm glad you are blogging. It will destress you. Welcome to the ludicrous speed club. Take me to Cuba with you!! I promise not to take up too much space in your luggage. We could stroll around town, eat, write, sing, laugh and play poker with Fidel and of course who can forget the drinks!! I'm still dreaming of Mexico city for my 30th B-day.

6:40 PM  
Blogger AnalisaGuzman said...

GUIAM! Cant wait to read more of your coyote hunting adventures. I want to read more. And you are right, sometimes bone can be a good damn philosopher. teehee.

7:39 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

Welcome to the Blog world.

7:47 PM  
Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

yes, we all must remember to slow down. I hate feeling all frantic (like the world is collapsing around me) Hey, relieve some stress with a movie - Saturday - Motorcycle Diaries??

7:49 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I will add that wisdom to other proverbs I've collected and lived by. can't see what else your going to share with us.

11:00 AM  
Blogger AnalisaGuzman said...

Hey, where are you?

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home