Tuesday, April 05, 2005

"regrésamelo todo, corazón...cuando sientas que existo"

Do you ever love a song that someone recommends you, simply because that person recommended it to you? Well, this is different. I genuinely love the song. Some years ago, when I was undergrad and had my own radio show, I boasted the only Spanish show in the entire Bloomington-Normal area. Although few students on the campus caught my show, many Latinos living in the area would tune in and call for requests. With my limited music collection (because of my broke-ass and my limited musical repertoire), I usually could never honor their requests:

--No tienes algo de Maná?
--No, no tengo...
--A ver, algo de rock?
--No... pero no te gustaría escuchar algo de Selena?
--?!...

And I would usually play whatever the Spanish radio stations in Chicago carried. Pretty limited. Then, Dini came into the picture. He shared his music collection of rock and pop. Then, I left to Merida for a year and I discovered "rock en espanhol." And ever since then, my music fancies have been ever-expanding. It's not just rock, it's jazz, and blues, and ska, and trova, which I fell in love with when I lived in Mexico City, and musica huasteca... and tons of other goodies that I had no clue about.

I've been listening to more trova: armando rosas, and the sexy, hypnotic lyrics of raul torres con su "Regresamelo Todo":("corazon, lo quiero de regreso: tus caricias de ada, tus labios de jasmin, tus orgasmos mas densos... y si lo tienes bien, si no es mucho pedir, regresa tu con ellos...")

I wish I had my radio show again... I would share many wonders and musical delicacies with my faithful listeners.

3 Comments:

Blogger dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

i wish u did have a radio show..i would listen....i would also invade ur station to take over the airwaves on occasion. :)

9:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

i've heard of some internet options out there, although i'm not an expert at it, that might be able to fulfill this desire. (i've heard of podcasts but i'm not sure how they work and there is another website where you can create a playlist the url escapes me at this moment.)

1:38 PM  
Blogger Proyecto Latina said...

hey it's good to have you back in blogolandia! Yes, I wish you had your own radio station. It would be Guiam FM.

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home